Friday, October 24, 2008

COMMON'S NEXT ALBUM IS GETTING TALKED ABOUT BEFORE 'UNIVERSAL MIND CONTROL' COMES OUT?! WEIRD. WHY IS RAP LIKE THAT NOW? LOL:

Common's next album is already gaining serious buzz. Universal Mind Control is set to hit stores, and with talk of Neptunes production, Common's garnered the attention of many. But, Common's still thinking ahead. He's already saying that The Believer LP will be next.

"The Believer is definitely gonna be an album," he told MTV. "It's gonna be the next album. I was ready to make The Believer, then I started working on an EP called Invincible Summer. Then I was like, 'OK, Universal Mind Control — that's the name of the single.' Like we said on the song, 'If you wanna dance, let's dance.' That's what that whole concept is like: Whatever you want the people to do, you create the music for them to do it."

As reported, Com's been working mostly with the Neptunes in an attempt to make party music. "Where I am with Universal Mind Control, which is the name of the album as well as the single, I wanted to make some music people can enjoy. It's a lot of stuff going on in the world right now. Sometimes people need to release. I felt that energy abroad, going to different parties in Spain and London, even back in the States. It was good times. I want people to have good times musically."

Universal Mind Control is set to be released in early December. He's also planning a tour for January.

WWW.HIPHOPDX.COM

~~~

GRAVY. THE MAGIC AIN'T THERE, BUT THE LOOKS ARE:



~~~

BUSINESS AS FUCKIN' USUAL!

After Erick Sermon announced to HipHopDX in June that EPMD would be returning with We Mean Business, the reunion album with Sermon and Parrish "PMD" Smith now has a concrete date. On December 9, Fontana will help release the group's first album since 1999's Out of Business.

"The CD is fuckin’ crazy. The shit is bangin’. Like, I ain’t gonna lie to you. It’s real Hip Hop shit for real Hip Hop heads. If you a Hip Hop head, it’s hard to hate the CD. You’re gonna be excited, trust me," Sermon said to DX.

Guests include longtime affiliate and onetime EPMD protege Redman, Havoc from Mobb Deep, Raekwon, KRS-One and 9th Wonder.

The first single is "Listen Up."

~~~

BUDDENS AND NICKEL NINE IN THE STUDIO!









~~~

I STILL LIKE THIS GUY!



SUPPORT Q-TIP!!

~~~

IF YOU DON'T RESPECT NAUGHTY BY NATURE... YOU DON'T RESPECT YOURSELF, LOL:



~~~

AKON IN TROUBLE... AGAIN?!


Akon responds to "I'm So Paid" controversy. from That Dude on Vimeo.

THAT GUY.

~~~

I SAW THESE AWARDS LAST NIGHT AND I REALLY LIKED THEM. BIG UP TO YOUNG JEEZY FOR THE AMAZING BLACK PRESIDENT PERFORMANCE. I ALMOST COULD BELIEVE YOU COULD DO THE JOB, LOL!
PEEP LUDA BREAK IT ON DOWN:



~~~

TIME TO LIVE.
LOVE,
ADDI

No comments: